When your home in Mansfield suffers from fire damage, feelings of disaster and stress tend to follow. We understand how overwhelming fire damage is, which is why we are here to help. Here at Shambaugh Cleaning, we specialize in fire damage repair, so we will take that stress away from you. All you need to do is know how to respond if a fire breaks out in your home. The following list will help you be better prepared against fire damage, and will help you know just what to do when fire damage occurs.
Fire Damage Repair In Mansfield
- Safety comes first when it comes to a house fire, and one of the best lines of defense you can implement in your home is to have a fire escape plan. Getting everyone out safely and as fast as possible is the most important thing. Without a practiced fire escape plan, the odds of a safe and successful evacuation drop drastically. Be sure to have two designated escape routes from each room where someone sleeps, and mark designated routes out of communal rooms as well. Then, once an escape route has been developed throughout the entire home, you need to practice the plan. Be sure to establish a safe meeting place outside of the room where everyone can be accounted for. Having a fire escape plan that has been practiced by everyone in the home is the first step to responding quickly if a fire occurs.
- Be sure to have working smoke detectors and fire alarms in each room of your room. Check your detectors at least once a year, and replace batteries so that they are functioning correctly. As soon as an alarm goes off, you should activate the fire escape plan that you have prepared for your home.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in an easy-to-access location in your home, preferably close to the kitchen since the majority of house fires across the country every year result from cooking. For small, contained fires, fire extinguishers are the best fire-fighting option. That being said, never waste time attempting to extinguish a fire that is not responding to your efforts. Instead, focus on getting you and your loved ones safely out of the home. Fires can grow immensely within a matter of seconds.
- Be sure to call 9-1-1 and alert emergency response personnel right away. If possible, let them know the origin of the fire and how many family members or pets may still be inside (hence why a designated meeting place is so important in a fire escape plan!). If you know the cause of the fire, be sure to inform them also. The more information you can give first responders, the better.
- Last, but definitely not least, call the fire damage repair experts at Shambaugh Cleaning and Restoration. We are standing by to take you call, 24/7, so we can respond to your emergency fire damage situation, and begin to make a plan to get your home repaired and back to normal as soon as possible.