Some Important Do’s and Don’ts
Emergency Water Damage Tips
- Shut off the water source if possible and if it can be done safely.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpeting.
(These tips are for clean water situations only – call 419-529-6422 for emergency water damage, Mansfield OH)